More Quick Las Vegas Marijuana Dispensary Terms From Section 3 Of The Regulation And Taxation Of Marijuana Act
The third section of the Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act defines terms relating to recreational marijuana and regulations for running a Las Vegas marijuana dispensary. If you are reading through the act, you might find some of these definitions useful. Section 3 also gives lawmakers a very clear idea of what each part of the act is trying to say. Being as specific as possible makes it easier to enforce laws. We’ve already given you some quick versions of definitions from section 3; below are some more words that you might want to know!
Why Did Question 2 Need Section 3?
Section 3 provides very specific definitions of terms that will be used throughout Question 2. Laws that are very specific are easier to enforce. Additionally, being specific can help legislature go to vote faster.
Definitions Relating To Recreational Marijuana And Opening A Las Vegas Marijuana Dispensary
- Dual Licensee – A dual licensee is able to run a marijuana establishment that handles product intended for both recreational, and medical use. For example a dual licensee can open a Las Vegas marijuana dispensary that caters to both medical patients, and the average marijuana enthusiast.
- Marijuana Distributor – A business licensed to move products from one marijuana establishment to another.
- Excluded Felony Offense – An excluded felony offense is a crime that someone has been convicted of that would have been considered a felony in Nevada. If a person completed their sentence more than 10 years ago, or meets one of the other criteria for exception, they will not have an excluded felony offense under their belt.
- Marijuana Paraphernalia – Any item who’s intended use has something to do with distributing, using, or cultivating marijuana
- Public Place – Anywhere that people can be, regardless of age is a public place. This does not include a Las Vegas marijuana dispensary.
- Marijuana Products – Marijuana, or marijuana concentrate products made with intention for consumption.
- Process – Harvesting and/or working with marijuana in a way that is does not involve chemicals.
- Unreasonably Impracticable – Term given to a situation where it isn’t smart to start a business. This can be because meeting the regulations would require too much risk, time, money, etc.
Leave a Reply